Welcome!

Read any good books lately? I have! Grab a cup of coffee or a beverage of your choice and sit back, relax, and have a peek at the books I've loved, the books I didn't, and the reasons why. Enjoy, and happy reading!

NOW LIVE!

It's official! The OGBDA Blog has expanded and our website is now live. Please visit the One Good Book Deserves Another website to see the new site and drop a line to my awesome webmaster, who I've finally let out of the webdesign dungeon...for a quick break, anyway, before he'll be commanded back to the grindstone. ;-)

This is the first of many exciting changes that will be happening over the next several weeks, so stay tuned for more news as OGBDA continues to evolve and grow, and as always, happy reading!

~Tracy

Review Archive

Favorite Quotes

Kindle Fire

Blog Buttons

Get Listed!

Parajunkee Design

Featured In

NetGalley

Amazon

Unleashing the Storm by Sydney Croft

Genre: Erotic Paranormal Romance
Series: ACRO, Book 2
Rating: 3.5 Stars
Formats: Paperback, Kindle

Unleashing the Storm (ACRO, Book 2)
Definitely Hot Under - And Around The Collar After Unleashing

I almost didn't. In fact, I'd deleted the free preview I'd downloaded to my Kindle after months of wavering back and forth as to whether I was going to continue the ACRO series by Sydney Croft (writing duo Larissa Ione and Stephanie Tyler). As much as I thoroughly enjoy Larissa Ione's Demonica Series (Pleasure Unbound, Desire Unchained, Passion Unleashed, Ecstasy Unveiled, and the soon-to-be-released Sin Undone), to say I was disappointed in Riding the Storm would be an understatement. I disliked it so much, in fact, on every front - from the scattered and confused plot to main characters I didn't like to a romance that was two dimensional at best - that even the sexuality of the book didn't redeem it for me. So I almost didn't.

Then, after seeing the rating and reading the reviews...and honestly, being bored with some of my latest reads...I did. I downloaded Unleashing the Storm and decided to give the writing duo that is Sydney Croft another chance. And for about the first 25-30% of the book, I was regretting that choice, because I had that same sense of surreal disassociation I had when reading the first in the ACRO series - that sense that I'd been dropped down in the middle of three different stories after missing all the exposition before it. The only thing that kept me reading was that in this case, I actually sort of liked Tom "Ender" Knight from the beginning, and that grew until I was very fond of him, and I liked Kira Donovan very much all the way through.

Then the story picked up...or smoothed out or something...and I was onboard for the ride. My favorite part of this book was the journey of Tom and Kira, but I enjoyed the threads with Annika and Creed (one of the only parts I liked about the first book, too) and the threads with Dev were okay. All in all, there was an increased complexity to the ACRO world and the different plot lines that intersect in this book, and I didn't feel quite as lost as I did in the first book as more was explained. Bottom line, though, I just never warmed up to the Remy/Haley pairing in book one of the series, and I never HAD to warm up to Tom/Kira - they were hot from the start. 3.5 Stars overall, and I WILL be continuing to Seduced by the Storm (ACRO, Book 3).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings Guide

Here is a rundown of what the star ratings mean to me! It's not a perfect system, so you may see me add in a .5 star here and there if my impression of the book falls somewhere between these:

5 Stars - Loved it
4 Stars - Liked it
3 Stars - It's okay
2 Stars - Didn't like it
1 Star - Hated it

2014 Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Tracy has read 22 books toward her goal of 175 books.
hide

Goodreads

Tracy's bookshelf: read

Zero at the BoneHead Over HeelsLord of the WolfynIn Total SurrenderA Win-Win PropositionNorth of Need

More of Tracy's books »
Book recommendations, book reviews, quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Follow OGBDA!

Follow with Linky

Coming Reviews