Welcome!

Read any good books lately? I have! Grab a cup of coffee or a beverage of your choice and sit back, relax, and have a peek at the books I've loved, the books I didn't, and the reasons why. Enjoy, and happy reading!

NOW LIVE!

It's official! The OGBDA Blog has expanded and our website is now live. Please visit the One Good Book Deserves Another website to see the new site and drop a line to my awesome webmaster, who I've finally let out of the webdesign dungeon...for a quick break, anyway, before he'll be commanded back to the grindstone. ;-)

This is the first of many exciting changes that will be happening over the next several weeks, so stay tuned for more news as OGBDA continues to evolve and grow, and as always, happy reading!

~Tracy

Review Archive

Favorite Quotes

Kindle Fire

Blog Buttons

Get Listed!

Parajunkee Design

Featured In

NetGalley

Amazon

Spell of the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning

Genre: Fantasy Romance, Time Travel
Series: Highlander, Book 7
Rating: 4 Stars
Formats: Mass Market Paperback, Kindle

Spell of the Highlander (The Highlander Series, Book 7)
I'm Starting to Think KMM is Fae

This all started with a Kindle freebie months ago. Oh how things change. Once, I was unaware of KMM as an author and blindly oblivious to either the Highlander or Fever series. Now, several months and a LOT of happy reading later, I'm sitting in awe of the mind that has created and penned two series with delicately interwoven stories and building drama. I've never even heard of an author able to do what KMM's done here.

Starting with the Highlander series, a solid and thoroughly well written time travel paranormal romance series, KMM's fleshed out and delineated a world full of magick, mystery, danger, and HOT highlander men. Completely entertaining narrative with delicious humor and mouth-watering sensuality that, when read one after another, winds you through a path of increasing danger and intrigue and Tuatha Dé Danann machinations leading straight to the front door of the Fever series. Each book in the Highlander series gets darker and darker, and the tone of Spell of the Highlander so closely matches the start of that decidedly urban fantasy series that the transition is virtuously seamless. It's all due to KMM's phenomenal talent as an author and dedication as a story teller.

Spell of the Highlander was perhaps not my favorite of the Highlander series, but that's roughly akin to saying dark chocolate isn't my favorite of the chocolates - it's all delicious, decadent, and delightful. I just grooved on Adam Black a wee bit more than Cian. Totally loved Jessi, though. And their story was taut, tightly woven, and rich with history - like all the Highlander stories. What elevated Spell of the Highlander to nearly iconic stature in my eyes was how deftly KMM wove in details of things that I'd wondered about in the Fever series. That's just totally kick ass, and earned ultimate respect. If I'd read the Highlander series first, I don't know that I'd have truly appreciated the attention to the most miniscule detail, so I'm glad I didn't...but I fully intend to go back now and read the first four books of the Fever series (and not just to soothe the JZB jones until Shadowfever is released in January, 2011) now that I understand more of the Fae mythos and KMM's rich, detailed world.

Excellent read for Spell of the Highlander. Mind boggling how amazing the series is as a whole. And I just don't have the words to fully express my appreciation for KMM and the world created with the Highlander and Fever series together.

The Highlander Series (In Order):  Beyond the Highland Mist, To Tame a Highland Warrior, Highlander's Touch, Kiss of the Highlander, The Dark Highlander, The Immortal Highlander, Spell of the Highlander

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings Guide

Here is a rundown of what the star ratings mean to me! It's not a perfect system, so you may see me add in a .5 star here and there if my impression of the book falls somewhere between these:

5 Stars - Loved it
4 Stars - Liked it
3 Stars - It's okay
2 Stars - Didn't like it
1 Star - Hated it

2014 Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Tracy has read 22 books toward her goal of 175 books.
hide

Goodreads

Tracy's bookshelf: read

Zero at the BoneHead Over HeelsLord of the WolfynIn Total SurrenderA Win-Win PropositionNorth of Need

More of Tracy's books »
Book recommendations, book reviews, quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Follow OGBDA!

Follow with Linky

Coming Reviews