Welcome!

Read any good books lately? I have! Grab a cup of coffee or a beverage of your choice and sit back, relax, and have a peek at the books I've loved, the books I didn't, and the reasons why. Enjoy, and happy reading!

NOW LIVE!

It's official! The OGBDA Blog has expanded and our website is now live. Please visit the One Good Book Deserves Another website to see the new site and drop a line to my awesome webmaster, who I've finally let out of the webdesign dungeon...for a quick break, anyway, before he'll be commanded back to the grindstone. ;-)

This is the first of many exciting changes that will be happening over the next several weeks, so stay tuned for more news as OGBDA continues to evolve and grow, and as always, happy reading!

~Tracy

Review Archive

Favorite Quotes

Kindle Fire

Blog Buttons

Get Listed!

Parajunkee Design

Featured In

NetGalley

Amazon

Operation Sheba by Misty Evans

Genre: Thriller/Suspense Romance
Series: Super Agent, Book 1
Rating: 4 Stars
Formats: Paperback, Kindle

Operation Sheba
Well Written and Solidly Told Spy Novel

As a free read on Kindle, you'd be hard pressed to beat Operation Sheba. The story is well told, the characters sympathetic and interesting, and the plot is full of intrigue, espionage, and thrills. The pacing and plot evolution were reasonably well done, and there were really only one or two parts that I thought would've been better served by a bit of editing, as I felt they were a little too descriptive or over written, but nothing to truly bog down the narrative or the let the tension in the plot fizzle.

I admit that this book is not in preferred genre of mine, and had it not been a free Kindle download, I wouldn't have read it, but I will say that it was well written and any fan of romantic spy thrillers would be very satisfied by it. If Misty Evans has any other books in different genres, I'd definitely be interested in checking them out, because I was pleased with her writing style and very much enjoyed the way she wrote the relationship between Julia and Con, and very impressed by the Machiavellian plotting and imagination that went into the development of the antagonist. And I really loved Smitty and Ace, though they were perhaps not as developed as they could've been.

I had one issue that I feel important enough to mention. There are a series of POV shifts at one particular part of the book when Jules and Con are in the safehouse and Michael is...lets say "otherwise occupied" to prevent spoilers. I wish the author had chosen to go another route on that, because I found it very distracting - unable to concentrate on the warm fuzzies (or the sizzle) of the Jules and Con moments out of concern for what was going on across town. And visa verse. Perhaps had it been written with less back-and-forth it would've been more effective for me. I'm not sure.

Considering the genre is not to my taste, though, I was pleasantly surprised and I was interested enough and impressed enough to finish it and like it. Hats off to Misty Evans for that.

Others in the series: I'd Rather be in Paris (Super Agent)  Proof of Life: Super Agent Series, Book 3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings Guide

Here is a rundown of what the star ratings mean to me! It's not a perfect system, so you may see me add in a .5 star here and there if my impression of the book falls somewhere between these:

5 Stars - Loved it
4 Stars - Liked it
3 Stars - It's okay
2 Stars - Didn't like it
1 Star - Hated it

2014 Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Tracy has read 22 books toward her goal of 175 books.
hide

Goodreads

Tracy's bookshelf: read

Zero at the BoneHead Over HeelsLord of the WolfynIn Total SurrenderA Win-Win PropositionNorth of Need

More of Tracy's books »
Book recommendations, book reviews, quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Follow OGBDA!

Follow with Linky

Coming Reviews